Food License Validity and Renewal In Bangalore :
Your FSSAI license is valid for a period of 1-5 years. The renewal of the food license (FSSAI license renewal) should be applied from either Form A or Form B before 30 days of the expiry of the existing registration. If you apply for the same post expiry, then you will be charged a late fee of Rs.100 for each day it was delayed. If the food license expires, then the business operator must mandatorily terminate all the existing business activities in that premises.
It is mandatory to renew your FSSAI license before it expires else you would have to apply for a new one.
Types of FSSAI registrations :
- FSSAI Basic Registration : This FSSAI registration is required for small businesses or startups like petty food manufacturers and the small-sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors etc who have annual turnover below Rs.12 lakhs. The Basic registration can be upgraded to State license as your sales graph increases.
- FSSAI State License : This registration/license is applicable to mid-sized companies like small to medium sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors who have annual turnover between Rs.12-20 crores. This license is issued by the State Government and it is mandatory that you operate in only 1 state, in order to obtain the State license.
- FSSAI Central License : This registration/license is applicable for large businesses like Importers, 100% Export Oriented Units, large manufacturers, operators in the Central Government agencies, airports, seaports etc with annual turnover above Rs.20 crores. This is issued by the Central Government.
Who Needs A Renewal Of Food License?
The ones’ who need the fssai renewal process are
- Food Chains
- Food sellers and resellers
- Dairy and dairy processing
- Food importers and exporters
- Processors like pickle and dry fruit maker
- Raw material suppliers to food businesses
- Retailers & establishments who have a retail outlet
- Transporters who shifts items from one location to another
- Canteens in corporations, schools, colleges, hospitals or government institutions
How to apply for renewal of the Food license?
FSSAI license is obligatory for any food business operator (FBOs) in India. This license should be owned by manufacturers, transporters, distributors, retailers, food hawkers etc. People who aspire to start a food business should get the Food license from the FSSAI authority as per the requirement of the FSSA Act, 2006. As it is important to get the license it is also important for your FSSAI license renewal process to commence within the expiry period.
fssai license renewal process - It is very essential to get the legal formalities and compliance so that the consumers are given products that are safe for consumption. As per FSSAI instructions, all food business operators have to appeal for renewal of the license 30 days before the expiry of the current food license.
Steps for Food License Renewal Procedure
We at ADCA can help you out in the compilation of all the documents required for Food License renewal. The fssai license renewal procedure is as follows
- Fill the Form A (Basic FSSAI Registration) or Form B (Central or State FSSAI registration) in accordance with the previous license along with the self-attested documents as mentioned under the guidelines of Food Safety and Standards Act, Regulations/Laws.
- Once the application is filled the authority will inspect it.
- The authority sends its competent officers to conduct an inquiry of the establishment.
- FSSAI officer will conduct a detailed inquiry and inspection of the Place of Food Business and formulate its report.
- FSSAI/Food license is required to be issued within 60 days by the appropriate authority.
Documents required for Basic FSSAI License renewal
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Identification proof of the applicant (Voter ID card or Aadhar Card)
- Copy of PAN card
- Proof of address (Telephone bill, Mobile bill, Electricity bill, Gas bill)
- In case you own the business place attach house property papers copy
- Rent agreement copy along with the NOC (No Objection Certificate) letter from the landlord
Documents required for Central / State FSSAI License renewal
- Apart from completely filled Form B and duly signed following is to be provided as an attachment to the Form for Food License Renewal:
- Photo of Partner/Director(s)/Authorized Signatory/Applicant.
- Address proof of the Partner/Director(s)/Authorized Signatory/Applicant.
- Layout plan of the food processing unit;
- Directors List along with ID proof;
- Food category list (for manufacturers);
- Authorization letter by the manufacturer to act on behalf of him to such authorized person;
- NOC from such municipality or local body if any;
- In the case of the applicant is a manufacturer; name and number of equipment as per installed capacity and horsepower is to be provided;
- Partnership deed/ a copy of MOA and AOA.
- Possession proof is important (Electricity bill, sales deed etc.) (in case of central license)
- A canceled cheque.
In case of Central FSSAI License renewal apart from above following is also required:
- Ministry of commerce certificate for 100 % EOU;
- Proof of turnover;
- Analysis report of water which will be used in the food;
- IEC documents issued by DGFT;